Saturday, January 30, 2010

a cautionary tale

spot the thin stripe
If anyone was wondering in the last post how I knew that Rowan RYC Cashsoft DK isn't actually machine washable, it should hopefully become clear now. Yes, it's the amazing differentially felted stripy jumper!1!1 (No, it's not your eyes, the beige stripes really are half the size of the other ones now. Yes, you are allowed to laugh.)


Fortunately in this case I'm not all that bothered - it was a quick, functional knit for the child, and it's still wearable, if slightly odd looking. It could have been an awful lot worse, if I'd machine washed the tank top first. Every time I see this stripe, I am just full of relief that it happened this way round. Also on the plus side, you can see that the other yarns wash marvellously (King Cole Merino, Rowan Pure Wool, Patons Diploma Gold). Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else was tempted to throw an elaborately handcrafted garment made of Rowan RYC Cashsoft DK in the machine. Don't do it I tell you! Learn from my foolish mistakes...

1 comment:

Kate said...

I always thought that as it's got microwhatsit in it, it wouldn't felt. :-(