Monday, February 01, 2010

bobbins


bobbins
Originally uploaded by knitfaced
The printers' proof of Bobbins magazine has arrived, and it is looking good! I am giddy with excitement! Just need to go through it with a fine tooth comb checking for errors, sort out the website, start the print run and get ready to send it out... and plan a launch party... *throws knitting needles in air, does star jump*

I am quite amazed that a Pub Idea of this nature has actually made it into shiny tangible form. Just think of all those other awesome ideas I had that were ridiculed at the time, but might actually have been feasible... like the Naporium, a room full of big cushions for when you get a bit sleepy in town and fancy a bit of a snooze... one day it will be a global franchise, i'm telling you...

8 comments:

CatR said...

Excellent! V v exciting stuff.

Cat cafes, like they have in Japan... I'd go there. Naporium - not keen on sleeping in public; would there be protection from people drawing or putting stuff on you?

Anonymous said...

woop woop can't wait to hold in hot sweaty hands.

rubbishknitter said...

catr: yes, yes, i know, there are many, many issues with the whole naporium idea... in theory i still like it though... do cats make good coffee?

audm: wash your hands first and i might let you. (Actually, its ok the child has already smeared jam onto the cover a little bit)

Kate said...

Ooooh! Exciting. :-D Will I need to queue at midnight to reserve my copy?

rubbishknitter said...

Kate: lol. Er, no, I imagine you'll probably be ok to take your time...

Manuel said...

so happy for you....! For what it;s worth I'll pop up a post and wee ad for it when it's available...when will that be? Huh? When?


I will have my iPad and LMM will have her magazine...seems fair...

Manuel said...

plus Bobbins is such a great word...

rubbishknitter said...

hee hee... thanks Manuel! it's one of my favourite words...