Tuesday, September 30, 2008

overbrowned

nyom yom yom
I think I may have gone too far with this brown obsession...

Look what I accidentally bought from Kemps wool shop clearance section! A load of lovely Sublime extra fine merino. Sooo soooft! And very lively and springy... possibly the stretchiest swatch I've ever knitted up in plain stocking stitch. So lively it's skipped out of the door and is halfway down the road already. I think it wants to be Riding to Avalon. (Well, don't we all really? Sounds infinitely preferable to Manchester, especially on a day like this where rain can be measured in oceansful.)

1 comment:

brittunia said...

There is no shame in a bargain merino. I gorged myself on about 50 balls of assorted Sublime yarns in April at the Black Sheep clearance. Thanks for the tip...must save myself for the show at Alexandra Palace in 2 weeks.....